Elder Brandon Leslie

Elder Brandon Leslie

Monday, November 22, 2010

Week #8


Dear Family and Friends,
 
I'm doing great! I'm still studying a lot and working hard. My spanish is improving daily. I look back to my first day here at the MTC and the improvement is very noticable. I can pray, bear testimony, and have decent conversation.
 
On Friday, I got a letter from my old roommate Elder Kyle Brown! Right now he is in Montpellier, France and he is doing great. His letter said only good things about the work there. He is loving the fresh bread. He is a brilliant man and a great friend so I take to heart all advice and things he says. One great thing he said in his letter was: "One of the greatest feelings in this world is to come home exhausted at night, knowing that you really worked." Kyle is a hard worker so I can tell you all that these are not just words. I know that he is working hard and that I am also doing my best to never give up. Sometimes it can be discourgeing to so I'm going to do my best on my mission because it seems like we can always do better when we look back. However, I know that if I never give up and work hard everyday that I will be a successful missionary and have no regrets.
 
I think I big part of working hard and being successful. We rarely see the results of our efforts immediately. Especially if the goal we are striving to achieve is worthwhile, then it will take time and much effort from our part. That is why I believe in and am working for, consistency. We may pray a lot for something but never see the answer until much time and many prayers have passed. However, I believe that the littlest efforts consistently will make the biggest difference eventually. There is always hope when we are doing the Lord's will. Never give up.
 
Yesterday, I had a unique, special, and surreal experience. For our Tuesday night devotional we were priveledged to hear from Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He gave a wonderful talk on how to the the Spirit in our lives and it was different because he wanted some people to get up and read some passages from a microphone in the audience. I felt prompted to get up and read one in front of the entire MTC and Elder Scott. I did and after I read it I forgot everything I had just read (who wouldn't), and then an apostle of God asked me what humilitly means to me. I responded, it means putting the will of God before our own. Wow my heart was beating hard.
 
Thanks for all your support and care!
 
Elder Leslie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment