Elder Brandon Leslie

Elder Brandon Leslie

Monday, November 22, 2010

Week #9


Dear Family and Friends,
 
Well, Monday was the day that I was supposed to leave for Mexico and looks like I'm still here. Three guys from our class left for Bolivia Tuesday morning early. I spent 9 weeks with them all day every day and it's a bit sad to see them go but not really because I'm excited for them to get to Bolivia. Mexico is having visa problems so have to stay here in the MTC longer. All I've heard is that we might have something like 2 weeks to go. No one really knows for sure and we keep asking the travel office every week to see if they have any new information.
 
Because I'm still here I had the opportunity to hear from M. Russell Ballard last night during our Tuesday night devotional. He gave an excellent talk on learning how to become "Master Communicators". We need to learn to communicate our message effectively. Our message is simple and we don't need to complicate it. He told us at the beginning that he had the opportunity to meet with a man that will soon take over Warren Buffets job as head of Birkshire-Hathaway (I think that's right, I can't remember his name. only that he is taking Warren Buffets job). Anyway Elder Ballard only had 30 minutes with him and the first 25 minutes were more about business with the church and the last 5 thsi man asked Elder about the church. Point is, Elder Ballard said he needed to be able to communicate effectively in those 5 minutes.
 
Recently I have been reading a lot in the Book of Mormon in Spanish/English. I read as much as I can in Spanish and then glance over at the English scriptures to look up words I don't know. Every free minute I have I spend it reading. I'm doing my best to use my time efficiently. I'm understanding a fair amount of Spanish but there are many words that I've never seen and it's different because the scriptures us "vosotros" which is an uncommon way to conjugate verbs. I started reading on Sunday from the beginning and now I'm at 2 Nephi 24.
 
That is all I have for this week. Thanks for all the support!
 
Love Elder Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment