Elder Brandon Leslie

Elder Brandon Leslie

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week #5 - message from Brandon

Dear Family,
 
I've never paid so much attention to general conference before and taken so many notes. The whole thing was great and I especially liked everything President Monson and Elder Uchtdorf had to say. Also, the first talk about missonary work during the priesthood session was great! I am exctited for the November Ensign and Liahona to come out so I can read my favorite talks again in English and Spanish!
 
This week our class is preparing to teach about The Restoration in Spanish. This will be our first time teaching in Spanish so I'm studying a lot to prepare and tomorrow we have a "zone teach" which means my companion and I need to be ready to teach it tomorrow. We typically have a few "zone teaches" and then on Saturday we teach in the "TRC" (not sure what it stands for) and we are evaluated by our teacher. The TRC is exciting because we teach volunteer "investigators" instead of just missionaries all the time.  To prepare, I am studying out this little red book we have that has lots spanish phrases about all aspects of missionary work, in my case i'm studying the Restoration lesson, and I am also reading through the Preach My Gospel book in spanish.
 
I can't remember if I mentioned this last time but my companion and I memorized Joseph Smith's first vision in Spanish last week, so this week we made a goal to memorize Doctrine and Covenants 4, the chapter on missionary work. It's fairly long but as of now I almost have the first 4 verses memorized. I'm still just studying and eating. Although 5 days a week we have gym for about 50 minutes so I usually play basketball.
 
Well that's all I got for now so I'll talk to you all next week. Thanks for all the support and prayers.
 
Elder Leslie


No comments:

Post a Comment