Elder Brandon Leslie

Elder Brandon Leslie

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week #6 - message from Brandon


Dear Family and Friends,
 
Sometimes it's hard to remember what happened this week because they all seem to blend together. We have such a routine life that all the days feel like one. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, just hard to remember experiences. Because of this scheduled out life I am getting a lot of studying done and am learning spanish and doctrine faster than i ever could in my life. This week we are teaching the Restoration in Spanish again and it will go even better than on Saturday. On Saturday my companion and I taught in the "TRC", basically just an assessed teach, and we did very well. Our spanish was pretty good but more importantly we cared for the "investigator" and wanted our message to help his life. One thing that our teacher, Hermano Scoville (Brother Himmer's nephew, pretty crazy) told us was that instead of trying to prove that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book through scriptures like John 10:16 we should try to help investigators through it. Find scriptures in the Book of Mormon that will improve their lives and help people get through trials. 
 
Well that's pretty much it for now. I'm still studying well and trying to use time efficiently because I know that I am on the Lord's clock and I won't be clocking out for 2 years. Talk to you next week!
 
Love
Elder Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment