Elder Brandon Leslie

Elder Brandon Leslie

Monday, January 24, 2011

Week #14


Sooo, I´m writing this in an internet/cream shop combo place and I thought you all should know that I´m partaking of a delicious Coca-Cola & Vanilla Ice Cream Float. Apparently it´s called the Tapachula. lol I´m in Tapachula right now but on Saturday I find out where I go next. I doubt I´ll stay here but who knows. Either way I´m definitely getting a new companion so that´s gonna be a change.
This week we contacted a bunch of people, but mainly we just taught a lot of lessons. We can´t change anyone´s life for them but we can present them with the truth and hopefully the want it bad enough to do something about it. I have seen some people say ¨o sorry I couldn´t make it to church I was doing... (insert lame excuse here). If someone wants something bad enough they will find a way to get it. This church is probably one of the only places where our efforts really count. As in, here we are ¨graded¨ on our efforts. In school, your efforts and hardwork are not important in terms of determining your test scores and grade in the class. (Raw talent or lack thereof are also factors...and cheating too lol).
No baptisms or anything but I feel like we are helping a few certain people on their path toward returning to God.  Nothing too spectacular to report because I´m still having trouble understanding the spanish. However, the people down here speak like ¨rednecks¨ is what one mexican told me, so that is part of the difficulty. My spanish ears are slowly coming along, but for now I just smile big all the time and bear second witness. I´m doing all I can. :-)  Some food is absolutely delicious like some amazing mole enchiladas this sunday.... and some food from members is just kinda like ¨thanks...¨ like the chicken with vegetables.  I know that regardless the members are giving their best to the missionaries so I put it down and smile. Usually though, the smiles come easily because it´s usually pretty tasty.
Well that´s about all I have for this week.
Love






Elder Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment