Elder Brandon Leslie

Elder Brandon Leslie

Monday, January 24, 2011

Week #17

Started the week off a little bit sick, but with faith I was able to get up and get going when I needed to. I´m still doing well here in Tuxtla Chico and working hard.
 
It didn´t really feel  a whole lot like Christmas though. Christmas Eve we were walking to an appointment and I looked around and it felt like the 5th or 6th of December because there weren´t a whole lot of decorations up. Some people put decorations up, but not much. Also, it doesn´t seem like any gives gifts here either, different. The most different part about it here is that Christmas Eve is celebrated with fireworks all throughout the night. It felt like the 4th of July.
 
We started Christmas Eve off by cleaning the baptismal font because it was pretty dirty ( not sure why) and we wanted to make sure it was presentable for investigators. The rest of the day was good though because we were able to share stories of Jesus´ birth in Matthew, Luke, and 1 Nephi 11:13-21. I´m not sure exactly why that night I just felt extremely happy and knew that for this christmas I could bring joy into peoples lives as a missionary. I missed my family´s usual hot dog´s and Christmas caroling around the piano with my mom happily playing away... but I felt really happy and full of joy that night. I was full of the spirit. :-)
 
We  had a member invite us in for a bit so we talked with her and her mom then shared scriptures. At about 9:30pm we ate a members house but couldn´t stay long because we had to get home before 10 (which didn´t quite happen but close). Before going to bed that night I layed out some gifts I got from my family package so that I could wake up to a mini-christmas. Christmas Day was great of course to be able to call home and hear familiar voices and a familiar language lol. Like I said, it didn´t really feel like the Christmas I know but it was good. I know that this is where I´m supposed to be, eventhough I did miss home a bit. I guess that just means I love my family. :-D
 
Thanks for all the prayers and support!
Love
Elder Leslie
 
 
IMG_0046  My zone
IMG_0051  A full christmas tree like that is rare here.
IMG_0054  ¿santa?
IMG_0057  ``A zepplin!´´´
IMG_0061  TO: companion  FROM: Sister Leslie
IMG_0062  Sweet Stalking!






IMG_0074  The phone call!

No comments:

Post a Comment