Elder Brandon Leslie

Elder Brandon Leslie

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Week #21

I´m writing on Tuesday because yesterday was transfer day and  I received a new companion!  He arrived from Chiapas de Corzos (near Tuxtla Gutierrez) around 4 yesterday and for this we have our preparation day today. He is from Puebla and only has about a month and a half more than me in the mission. He is the senior companion and only has six months. This means, as you might imagine, that he is a good missionary and very obedient. Also, he pretty awesome and I forsee a lot of success.
 
This week we are planning the baptism for Raquel Valdez Lopez and I am really looking forward to it. She is only 15 but understands the importance of everything we are teaching and is reading the Book of Mormon. Her father doesn´t like the idea and this is why it has been postponed until this week. She says that she really wants this for herself and her family, but her brothers are too young to want to repent and be baptized (understandable they are 8,12,13) and her parents aren´t married but her mother wants to get baptized. Anyway, Raquel is very special and chosen daughter of God. I felt like there was something special about her the first time we taught her family (about month and a half ago).
 
Other than this we are working hard and are teaching some people that will hopefully come to church and have desires to sincerely change and be baptized in this beautiful church of our Heavenly Father. We´ll see. We are working with the members a lot and a missionary just came home yesterday from his mission in Puebla so we will probably start working with him too.
 
I´m doing well and ¡really happy about my new companion!
 
Love
 
 Elder Leslie
 
 
IMG 86   baptism for maximino (couple weeks ago)
IMG 94   washing my clothes in a bucket! yea.....
IMG 99   walking (that happens often)
IMG 119 picture with the bishop of Tuxla Chico
IMG 125  ¡my new companion Elder Aguilar!

No comments:

Post a Comment